Editor-in-Chief: Kexin Bao Associate Editor-in-Chief (The names based on surname alphabetical order):
Yiwen Su, Siming Yang Editorial Board (The names based on surname alphabetical order):
Kexin Bao, Keyi Bao, Shaozong Chen, Teh Ching Chu, David Day, Rongshu Duan, Qiusheng Geng, Lianbo Hsia, Zhongsun Huang, Xin Jia, Tie Li, Wenpei Li, Zhongqian Liu, Yongqiao Luo, Jimy Mai, Qingyun Meng, Shu Meng, Fanzhong Min, Zhizhai Sun, Keqing Wang, Miqu Wang, Xiaoying Wang, Shouxin Wu, Jingtian Xie, Xiangtian Xu, Siming Yang, Fang Ye, Jinxian Ye, Shengqing Yu, Jingsheng Zhang, Shengli Zhang, Jiangui Zhu Editorial Advisory Board (The names based on surname alphabetical order):
Daniel Kwong, Youdu Ma, Qi Wang, Weiliang Weng, Liutong Zhang
The fourth session of the Editor-in-Chief, Associate Editor-in-Chief and Editorial Board of Sciences of Traditional Chinese Medicine
Under preparing and organizing, inquiry and participation of scholars are welcome
Members of Editorial Committee of Science of Traditional Chinese Medicine wanted. If you are interested please click here to open file. Once file is opened, save as word document to fill out the form and email to email@example.com
JOURNAL OF SCIENCES OF TRADITIONAL CHINESE MEDICINE GENERAL EDITION IN ENGLISH
The Sciences of Traditional Chinese Medicine Notice Soliciting Contributions
1. The Sciences Of Traditional Chinese Medicine (SOTCM) is the first international journal that emphasizes the popularity and rising academics of traditional Chinese medicine, acupuncture and therapeutic massage knowledge. We publish two editions, the General and Professional Editions. The General Edition has been published since January 1995 while the Professional Edition has been published since August 1996. SOTCM primarily disseminates this knowledge of traditional Chinese medicine for the purpose of improving the health all people.
This journal has a registered ISSN and is sponsored by American Institute of Traditional Medicine.
Presently, the General Edition is published monthly while the Professional Edition is published non-periodically.
2. This journal welcomes contributions that are related to traditional Chinese medicine, acupuncture, therapeutic massage, and traditional Chinese medicine integrated with Western medicine. Contributions can come in the form of popular scientific medical knowledge, clinical experiences, research achievements, medical anecdotes, medical information, and informal essays. A manuscript with 1000 to 2000 words is appropriate, but it should not exceed 3000 words. For the general edition, small size articles are especially welcome; for the professional edition, new achievements, new doctrines, new hypotheses, new outlooks, new experiences, new methods, new means, and new developments in traditional Chinese medicine and traditional Chinese medicine integrated with Western medicine at the international level are welcome. The author is responsible for his/her own writings.
For the requirements for the Chinese edition, please see the Notice Soliciting Contributions in Chinese.
3. The following technical rules should be followed strictly in the preparation of text:
(a) Manuscripts should be typewritten with Microsoft Word (or consistent with MS Word) format and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org as an attachment. You must indicate “academic paper contribution” or “popular scientific paper contribution” in the Subject section of the email.
During the review of each manuscript, the reviewers have the authority to decide whether the manuscript belongs to either the academic paper category or the popular scientific paper category.
(b) On the title page, you should include the full title, list of authors (with academic degrees), institution, laboratory or clinic of origin, running title, mailing address, telephone and fax numbers, as well as email address.
(c) The beginning of the manuscript should include an abstract consisting of a single paragraph of no more than 300 words. The abstract should be clear and concise. You should also include a list of keywords (not exceeding 7) along with the abstract.
(d) References and citations within the manuscript should include the numerical order, author's name, full title of article, name of periodical, year of publishing, volume number (issue number): pages number; e.g. (1) Bengston, W.F. and D. Krinsley. The Effect of the "Laying on of Hands" on Transplanted Breast Cancer in Mice. Journal of Scientific Exploration, 2000, 14 (3), 353-364; if the citation is a book, the format is: numerical order, author's name, full title of book, place of publisher: name of publisher, year of publishing: page number; e.g. (2) Chen, S.Y. and F. Li. Tonics and Astringents. In: A Clinical Guide to Chinese Herbs and Formulae, New York: Churchill Livingston, 1993: 75.
Such references must be of published work that is directly pertinent. Furthermore, references should be listed in alphabetical order on a separate sheet at the end of the text.
(e) You must type footnotes and legends for illustrations in double-spaced format. Footnotes should be consecutively numbered in superscript throughout the text and should be used as sparingly as possible.
(f) To ensure clear reproduction of figures, figures should be clear, no larger than 8½ × 11 inches (22 × 28 cm), and supplied in triplicate with special attention to sharp focus and contrast. The figures also should be ready, in all respects, for direct processing. Importantly, the lettering and symbols should be large enough to be reproduced legibly after reduction. For each figure, mark the names of the authors and the number of the figure, and indicate the orientation of each.
(g) Photographs of tables should be prepared in the same way as the figures are.
(h) All of the terms used in submitted manuscripts must accord with the International Acupuncture Nomenclature proposed by the WHO in 1991. Not conforming to this standard nomenclature could delay the article’s publication. When in doubt, write to the Sciences of Traditional Chinese Medicine for further information. The editor reserves the right to alter non-standard terminology in all manuscripts.
(i) All measurements must be in metric units. However, English units should also be given parenthetically if the measurements were originally done in English units.
4. This journal has the right to refuse publishing, revise manuscripts, investigate research processes and the person(s) involved, transfer the contribution to other periodicals or academic meetings, allow other periodicals to republish, and to republish as corpus by this journal.
5. Once the manuscript is submitted to the editor, the author should wait at least a half year before submitting the manuscript to another journal. If the author does not receive any notice over a half year since the manuscript was submitted to the editor, all manuscripts will not be returned, and the author may submit the manuscript to other journals. Once the contribution is received, the contribution becomes the property of this journal.
6. Please indicate the author’s real name, position, academic title, degree, employer, mailing address, telephone number, fax number, and email address. During the first submission, please attach curriculum vitae.
7. Publications for the general edition will not be charged, but publications for the professional edition will be charged. There is a page charge of US$50 per page to authors (any publication that is less than a page will still be charged $50). Exceptionally numerous illustrations or elaborate tables will require special arrangement with the publisher for sharing the cost of reproduction. Color figures or plates will be accepted only at the author's expense for engraving, printing and handling.
There will be no payment for the writer's work. Once the article is published, the issue in which the article was published and an acknowledgement letter will be sent to author.
8. High-level volunteer editors or members of editorial committees are wanted. If you are interested to this gratuitous position, please email this journal for an application form. Qualified scholar will be admitted.
9. If you are interested in placing an advertisement in our journal, the unit price is $4.00/square inch for inside pages; $5.00/square inch for inside front page or inside back page; $8.00/square inch for first page, $6.00/square inch for last page.
10. Our company, American Institute of Traditional Medicine is a non-profit organization that fully supports the development of TCM. Please make a tax-deductible contribution in check, credit card, or cash to support this non-profit organization. Our tax ID No. is #95-551980. Thank you very much for your patronage to SOTCM.
11. Our address is:
Sciences Of Traditional Chinese Medicine
2712 San Gabriel Boulevard
Rosemead, CA 91770 U.S.A.
CONTENTS OF JOURNAL OF SCIENCES OF TRADITIONAL CHINESE MEDICINE GENERAL EDITION IN ENGLISH